What is the PADI Rescue Diver Course about?
When diving becomes more than a hobby and more of a passion; it is time to treat it seriously…
Becoming a Rescue diver, you are upgrading your diver status and gaining confidence in your skills through your diving adventures. The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite for all Professional level PADI courses
What do I need to start?
- Be at least 15 years old (12 years for Junior Rescue Diver Course)
- Have a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent )
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous year. (If you do not have this training you may want to take a look at our Emergency First Responder + Rescue Diver Package Deal)
What will I do?
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
During the course you’ll cover:
- Self Rescue
- Recognising and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Locating a missing diver
How long will it take?
Training days: 3 – 4 days
What will I need?
The PADI Rescue Diver crewpak includes all materials required to complete the PADI Rescue Diver course – including a pocket mask. This is not included in the price of the course and can be purchased from the dive centre before you start your training.